RPG Research Timeline
Some of the most notable events, (detailed version) here:
- 8 page paper on "The Myths & Realities of Role-Playing Games".
- Players paying for RPG sessions. $1 per player per session.
- High school course on RPGs, 5 days per week, at Realms of Inquiry A School for Gifted & Talented Children. (Realms of Inquiry).
- Organize, host, and run RPGA conventions.
- Run RPGs for gold miners in wilderness.
- RPGing in Silicon Valley / Bay Area, California.
- RPG Research repository comes online.
- ESSAY - Eastern Washington University - An Overview History and Potential Therapeutic Value of Role-Playing Gaming - http://www.rpgresearch.com/documents/rpg-research-project/archives/an-overview-of-the-history-and-potential-therapeutic-value-of-role-playing-gaming
- Beginning of "Gamer Floater Theory".
- For participants in paid RPG sessions. $20 per player per session.
- RPG/LARP for The Deaf & Hard of Hearing - http://www.rpgresearch.com/documents/rpg-research-project/archives/rpg-adapted-for-deaf-using-asl-flyer
- ESSAY - Eastern Washington University - Potential Benefits & Deficits of Role-Playing Gaming - http://www.rpgresearch.com/documents/rpg-research-project/archives/older-revisions/rpgr-a0002-potential-benefits-and-deficit-of-role.pdf/view
- MAGAZINE PUBLICATION - Other Minds - The Battle Over Role Playing Gaming - http://as01.mynetgear.com:7070/omzine/table-of-contents#section-1
- Begin development of what would become RPG Therapeutics LLC, RpgEducation.com, and RpgNetwork.net.
- ESSAY - The Defamation of Role-Playing Gaming and Gamers - http://www.rpgresearch.com/documents/rpg-research-project/archives/the-defamation-of-role-playing-gaming-and-gamers
- ESSAY - Role playing Games Used as Educational and Therapeutic Tool for Youth and Adults - http://www.academia.edu/3668971/Role-playing_Games_Used_as_Educational_and_Therapeutic_Tool_for_Youth_and_Adults alternative url: http://www.rpgresearch.com/documents/rpg-research-project/archives/pdf/rpgr-a00004-role-playing-games-used-as-educational.pdf/view
- For participants in paid RPG sessions. Regular, non-therapeutic: $40/session. Professional Training / Therapeutic: $45/hr.
- ESSAY - Eastern Washington University - Analysis of the Report "Alienation and the Game Dungeons & Dragons" - http://www.rpgresearch.com/documents/rpg-research-project/archives/analysis-of-the-report-201calienation-and-the-game-dungeons-and-dragons201d
- For participants in paid RPG sessions. Regular: $20/hr. Professional/Therapeutic: $60/hr.
- VIDEO - Presentation on the use of Role-playing games to aid in the recover of brain injury clients for Eastern Washington University course on Recreation Therapy for People with Disabilities -
- PROGRAMS: List of 3 Autism Spectrum Example Program Plans -
- RESEARCH - Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=WV1-YHMAAAAJ&hl=en
- RESEARCH - Academia.edu: https://ewu.academia.edu/HawkeRobinson
- RESEARCH - Researchgate.net: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/William_Hawkes-Robinson
- RESEARCH - Report Summary from RPG Research - Phase 1 - Experiences of Gender Bias in the Gaming Community & Industry, High Level Initial Report - http://www.rpgresearch.com/documents/rpg-research-project/archives/gender-bias/gender-bias-in-gaming-high-level-initial-report.pdf/view
- For participants in paid RPG sessions. Regular: $40/hr. Professional/Therapeutic: $90/hr.
- Incorporation of RPG Therapeutics LLC, a for-profit company providing professional & therapeutic billable services. Separating from the non-profit research & community services of RPG Research.
Seattle Children's Hospital, Washington State Therapeutic Recreation Association (WSTRA) 16th Annual Conference, Presentation on - "The Therapeutic and Educational Uses of Role-Playing Games (RPG) as Intervention Modalities for Individuals and Groups from the Therapeutic Recreation Perspective" Certified by the American Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA) for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) -
- VIDEO: 2015 Year-end summary of all that accomplished this past year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBPbCMKVf2I
- VIDEO - Andy, Scott, Brian, Two Bards, Gamers, JQ, Happy Holidays - Wheelchair Friendly RPG Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I53H3_XwGgM
- ARTICLE/INTERVIEW: - HBO's VICE Documentary Article Includes Interview of Hawke Robinson of RPG Research - "Denmark - LARPing Is the Future of Education"
- ARTICLE: "Hawkes-Robinson's RPG Research Project": http://elthosrpg.blogspot.com/2015/09/hawkes-robinsons-rpg-research-project.html
- CHAT LOG - #RPGNET Q&A on RPG Research & RPG Trailer. https://gmshoe.wordpress.com/2015/09/23/qa-hawke-robinson-the-rpg-research-project/ - http://rpgresearch.com/news/join-live-rpg-research-q-a-on-rpgnet
- ARTICLE/INTERVIEW: Michael Tresca 3 part interview of Hawke Robinson, founder of RPG Research & RPG Therapeutics LLC. -
- AUDIO - 73rd Annual World Science Fiction Convention Panel - Game Mastering 101 Panel, August 21, 2015.
- AUDIO - WorldCon 73 / Sasquan Panel - Game Designers Toolbox Panel, August 20, 2015.
- VIDEO - WorldCon / Sasquan Panel -
- ARTICLE: Autism & Role-Playing Games: http://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?showtopic=322640
- RPG Therapeutics billable rate: $120/hr. RPG Research free services or custom billing for special events to cover non-profit costs.
- INTERVIEW (Facebook broadcast): KREM2 / Northwest Cable News broadcast on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KREM2/videos/10153881882091301/
- INTERVIEW (TV broadcast & article): Northwest Cable News: "Local man opens unique mobile therapy unit to help physically disabled": http://www.nwcn.com/news/local/spokane-county/local-man-opens-unique-mobile-therapy-unit-to-help-physically-disabled/333306503
- INTERVIEW (TV broadcast): KREM2 News "Local man opens up mobile therapy unit":
- ARTICLE/INTERVIEW: "Dungeons of the Mind: Tabletop RPGs as Social Therapy": https://killscreen.com/articles/dungeons-mind-tabletop-rpgs-social-therapy/
- ARTICLE: Article: "PNW RPG Research – RPG Therapy": https://gastrogamer.org/2016/01/27/pnw-rpg-research-rpg-therapy/
- ARTICLE/INTERVIEW: "Fun and Function: How RPGs Can Heal Your Mind and Body": https://unicornbooty.com/fun-and-function-how-rpgs-can-heal-your-mind-and-body/ - Jennifer Partin (interviewed 2015, published 2016).
- VIDEO: Short summary video of The RPG Research Project & The Wheelchair Friendly RPG Trailer. A bit stilted in presentation style, but useful fast summary: https://youtu.be/zBDw8haKAWk
- PRESENTATION: Texas State University (TSU) / Living Games Pre-conference presentation video (with voice-over) in absentia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WsTnYmRRFM
- PRESENTATION: Eastern Washington University, Washington State Therapeutic Recreation Association (WSTRA) April 2nd, 2016 Presentation: http://www.rpgresearch.com/documents/rpg-research-project/archives/wstra-2016-rpg-research-presentation-20160329zzf3.pdf/view
- VIDEO (PRESENTATION): Eastern Washington University, Washington State Therapeutic Recreation Association (WSTRA) April 2nd, 2016 (pending upload), Cheney, WA.
- PRESENTATION: Pacific Northwest American Therapeutic Recreation Association (PNWATRA) January 2016 Presentation: (pending upload), Portland, OR. - http://www.rpgresearch.com/documents/rpg-research-project/archives/pnwatra-2016-rpg-research-presentation-1.pdf/view
- AWARD: RPG Brain Trust: Trustee of the Year Award (2017)
- ORGANIZATION MILESTONE DUNGEONS & DRAGONS LICENSE - Wizards of the Coast provides license to W.A. Hawkes-Robinson and all his organizations to use RPGs for charity, fundraisers, professionally, and commercially, including for-profit services. The first organization in the world to receive this kind of license (as far as we know) - https://www.patreon.com/posts/12241076
- WORKSHOP - RPG Research Drum Circle Facilitation Workshop at Indie Air Radio Concert Hall - http://www2.rpgresearch.com/blog/drum-circle-facilitation-workshop-november-4th-2017-1-3-pm-spokane-wa
- CONVENTION - FanNex.us - http://www2.rpgresearch.com/blog/at-fan-nexus-2017
- ORGANIZATION MIILESTONE - The RPG Bus (purchased), September
- INTERVIEW - Men's Health Magazine - Pending publication.
- INTERVIEW - Kills Screen - Chris Berg - Tabletop RPGs as Social Therapy - https://killscreen.com/articles/dungeons-mind-tabletop-rpgs-social-therapy/
- ORGANIZATION MILESTONE - RPG Research, after 13+ years of operation, is finally incorporated as a Washington State non-profit company. We are not (yet) federally 501(c)3 (that will require considerable funds and time, but it is on our list of milestones to consider reaching for in 2018.
- MONTHLY COMMUNITY PROGRAM - Spark Central - http://www2.rpgresearch.com/about/at-spark-central
- CONVENTION PANEL - Role-playing Gaming as Therapy - http://www2.rpgresearch.com/blog/spocon-role-play-as-therapy
- CONVENTION PANEL - SpoCon - SpoCon - Cultivating Long-term Role-Playing Gaming Groups - http://www2.rpgresearch.com/blog/spocon-long-term-group
- CONVENTION PANEL - SpoCon - Psychology of Gamers & Hackers - http://www2.rpgresearch.com/blog/spocon-2017-psychology-of-gamers-and-hackers
- PROGRAM PLAN - Muscular Dystrophy Association - LARP & TRPG "Battle Royale" July 18, LARP & TRPG "Epic Quest".- http://www2.rpgresearch.com/blog/setting-up-for-larp-rpg-drumming-at-mda-camp
- PROGRAM TRAINING - Navos Mental Health - RPG Training for care professionals, training schedule pending Summer - (details coming soon).
- ORGANIZATION MILESTONE - Acquisition of 22' wheelchair ramp (donated by US Veteran through Muscular Dystrophy Association referral) - http://www2.rpgresearch.com/blog/rpg-trailer-ramp-extension
- TOUR - RPG Trailer Tour #3 - Washington State Therapeutic Recreation Association annual conference, Bellingham, Washington, Western Washington University - http://www.rpgresearch.com/blog/tour-3
- TOUR - RPG Trailer Tour #2 - Pacific Northwest Therapeutic Recreation Association annual conference, Portland, Oregon - http://www.rpgtrailer.com/about/rpg-trailer-tours/rpg-trailer-tour-2-redux
- INTERVIEW (AUDIO) - Ego Check with The Id DM (Michael Mallen) – Episode 7 – Hawke Robinson - https://theiddm.wordpress.com/2017/01/17/ego-check-with-the-id-dm-episode-7-hawke-robinson/
- Launch of RpgEducation.com "RPG Education Platform" by RPG Therapeutics LLC
- RpgNetwork.net "RPG gig economy platform" planned launch later in year.
- INTERVIEW - Wizards of the Coast Dragon Talk - January 22nd. http://www2.rpgresearch.com/blog/wizards-dragon-talk-jan-22-2018
- CONVENTION - ZoeCon III - February 16-18 - https://zoecon.net/
- BOARD MEETING - RPG Research Board - March
- CONFERENCE - WSTRA Conference - April
- BOARD MEETING - RPG Research Board - June
- EVENT - MDA Summer Camp - July - Rathdrum, Idaho
- EVENT - Tolkien Moot XIV - July - Spokane, WA.
- EVENT - SpoCon - August - Spokane, WA.