Role-Playing Game Research - RSVP for TolkienMoot XVIII Today!
TolkienMoot XVIII is just 2 weeks away! RSVP today! July 30th and 31st.
The 18th annual TolkienMoot convention is taking place July 30th and 31st, 2022, and the RSVP is now open. There is limited seating available for the tabletop role-playing game sessions. This will also take place for the first time at the new Role-Playing Game Community Center (RPG Center) at 101 North Stone Street, Spokane, Washington 99202.
TolkienMoot XVIII's Eä Tolkien Society's special guest panelist speaker includes Signum University teacher Brenton Dickieson !
Eä Tolkien Society next month will be on Saturday, July 30, and will feature a panel discussion including Signum University teacher Brenton Dickieson (blog https://apilgriminnarnia.com/2022/05/31/lotr-speech-act/) .
Tolkienmoot special panel discussion will be "TOLKIENMOOT 2022 (July 30)
THEME: HOW DID NUMENOR FALL? exploring our own Earth-interest in the Atlantis legend; also the development of hubris, discontentment, and fate within Middle-Earth; with Sauron as Gift-twister and corruptor (cf. his appearance earlier to elves as Annatar)"... with a focus as well on the intersection of Lewis and Tolkien's Secondary Worlds.
RSVP TODAY: https://tolkienmoot.org/rsvp
Known across multiple industries as "The Grandfather of Therapeutic Gaming" because he has been studying the effects and uses of role-playing games and their potential to achieve therapeutic goals longer than anyone else, Hawke Robinson is a Washington State Department of Health Registered Recreational Therapist.
He has a diverse and deep background in Therapeutic Recreation / Recreation Therapy, computer science, neuroscience, cognitive neuropsychology, neurotech, research psychology, nursing, play therapy, education, music, and role-playing gaming.
- Hawke Robinson has been involved with role-playing games in community settings since 1977.
- Studying methods for optimizing the experience of role-playing games, software development, and online since 1979.
- A paid professional game master since 1982.
- Studying the effects of role-playing games upon participants since 1983.
- Providing role-playing games in educational settings and for educational goals since 1985.
- Working with incarcerated populations since 1989.
- Researching and using role-playing games to achieve therapeutic goals for a wide range of populations from 2 years old through senior adults since 2004.
- Founder and Executive Director of the non-profit 501(c)3 charitable research and human services organization, RPG Research.
- Founder and CEO of the for-profit RPG Therapeutics LLC and RPG.LLC.
- Author of multiple books in technology and gaming W.A. Hawkes-Robinson books available on Amazon.
- Creator of the wheelchair accessible RPG Mobile fleet vehicles and trailers.
- Founder of the experiential learning Role-Playing Game RPG Museum, and much more.
- Creator of the Brain-Computer Interface Role-Playing Game (BCI RPG) and many other related projects.