Volunteer Coordinator Staff
- Hybrid remote/on-site. Due to insurance requirements, candidates must reside in Washington State.
- Preference is given to candidates able to come to our headquarters in Spokane, Washington at least once per week.
- Can be 90% remote work.
- This is an unpaid volunteer position.
- Internships may be available depending on your institution.
- We are al 501(c)3 non-profit charity.
- Part-time. Very flexible hours, average 3-6 hours per week, maximum 10 hours per week.
- Two positions available for this role.
We need to fill the roles at the following levels:
- Assistant (entry-level)
- Manager (1-3 years experience)
Assist in the management of RPG Research's volunteer engagement strategy as a Volunteer Coordinator.
All of our volunteer staff, including executives, board, founders, etc., are unpaid volunteers. We are 100% volunteer-run.
- Multiple opportunities for this part-time volunteer position.
- Typically 3 to 6 hours per week, no more than 10.
- Locally and remotely manage RPG Research's volunteers.
- Most volunteers at RPG Research have full-time jobs, school, family, etc., so we are very understanding and flexible about scheduling and variability of availability as life happens week to week.
- We do our best to balance loads between teams of volunteers, to prevent volunteer overload or burnout. That is why 97% of our volunteers remain with RPG Research for years.
- For each volunteer role, using the distributed model, we try to keep 3 to 5 volunteers available to help "load balance" the responsibilities.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Responsibilities Average 3 to 6 hours per week (no more than 10 hours per week).
- Very flexible schedule (set your own hours).
- Use our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform to post and manage volunteer opportunities and applicants. (we will train)
- Assist existing team member or eventually step up to become manager or director of the department.
- Post and manage recruitment process to fill needed volunteer positions.
- Manage new volunteer applications, conduct initial screening, and route to correct interviewing managers or department heads.
- Manage routing & tracking of application process, interview scheduling, and follow up on interview results.
- Stay on top of on-boarding, maintenance check-ins, and off-boarding of volunteer staff, sending reminders, and pointing them in the right direction to enable their work.
- Implement volunteer recruitment strategies, manage and grow the existing volunteer programs and partnerships with schools, communities, media, etc.
- Connect with universities to meet their degree requirements, encouraging students to meet their intern and volunteer hours by volunteering at RPG Research.
- Stay on top of regulations, requirements, documentation, etc.
- We will train appropriate candidates as needed.
- Our organization consists entirely of 100% unpaid volunteers, interns, and pro-bono professionals at all levels. RPG Research is 100% volunteer run. Not a single member of staff, including the founders, make any money through RPG Research, we are here to serve.
- We stress life balance, that all of our volunteers must be careful to not overload on commitments or hours, so they are encouraged to remain with the organization year-after-year, rather than the typical volunteer model at other organizations that tends to burn them out. We try to keep all volunteers to an average of only 4 to 6 hours per week, with a maximum of 10 hours per week, using a distributed teams work-load model. We have many volunteers that have been with us for 4+ years because it is such a welcome environment. Everyone loves what they are doing and is supportive of each other and life balance.
- Our programs support a wide range of populations, from 2 years old through senior adults, including people with disabilities, brain injuries, and neurodivergencies.
- Our staff comes from a wide range of populations, cultures, disciplines, interests, ages, abilities, and languages.
- Many of our volunteer staff members have a variety of disabilities, brain injuries, or neurodivergencies, so compassion, considerate patience, very clear communication, and sometimes repeated follow-up check-ins, are critically important to keep things running.
- Strong work ethic (reliability)
- Strong communicator (keep in the loop)
- High resilience.
- Adaptive to dynamically changing environment.
- Highly patient and compassionate.
- Our staff and participants report that being here is like "coming home to the safest and most welcoming place they know." We want to always maintain a feeling of being warmly welcomed at our organization and programs.
- Well organized in the face of a sometimes chaotic environment during some peak periods (summer is very busy).
- Passionate about our Mission, Vision, and Impact (see our website https://rpgresearch.com/mission https://rpgresearch.com/vision https://rpgresearch.com/impact respectively).
- Willingness to commit to 6 months minimum as assistant volunteer coordinator or 1 year at the manager level, and always try to recruit and train replacements if transitioning elsewhere.
- Commit to an average of 3 to 6 hours per week (flexible schedule), no more than 10.
- Must pass background check.
- Will train at any level, and for entry-level slot no prior experience necessary, prefer someone with 1+ years experience for the management and director-level slots.
- For entry-level position must be 14 years or older. Minors will need additional paperwork releases completed by parents/guardians.
- For manager and director level positions must be 18 years or older.
Pay: 0 (volunteer)
Email: info at rpgresearch dot com
US Toll-free phone/fax: (833) RPG-INFO (774-4636)
Leave a Comment
No comments yet. Start a new discussion.